SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#142622 - 04/02/05 11:47 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Alone&Forsaken Offline

"Thanks for the suggestions A&F. I really liked some of the stuff on your site, especially shotgun. It sounds kinda like Metallica, is it all done on the board? or is there other live instruments?"

Random "demo" stuff I toss out from time to time. Shotgun is all keyboard with the exception of the guitar. Beyond that glad you enjoyed some of the stuff.

"I might continue and actually make a song out of the basis that a made earlier, but like I said its not my style, and dont typically play with any of that sort of sounds. But it is fun to play with no doubt, no matter how much it might suck . I do agree with you to some extent Ohrenarzt, but this is pure nothingness, a simple little sample, with really no intention but to demonstrate and has no real music involved."

Screwing around is screwing around...nothing wrong with that. The only time I have a reaction like Ohrenarzt's is when someone gives you "this is the best music ever made!!!" line then links to something far removed from their claim.

You went though HELL to get your keyboard...so do whatever the heck you want with it

Edit so English isnt 100% pissed.

[This message has been edited by Alone&Forsaken (edited 04-02-2005).]

#142623 - 04/03/05 01:11 AM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
Phil, it irritates the crap out of me to read such harsh comments about ANYTHING someone creates musically and posts on here.

For one, I love hearing what people do with the new synths that are out now, whether a full-fledged song, or just 'playing around'. It doesn't matter! The playing around often leads to new inspiration for something great!

I hope you're not put off and keep posting new music for those of us who LOVE listening to it!

Carrie

#142624 - 04/03/05 05:29 AM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Ohrenarzt:
What a shocking piece of crap.

A little comment from a little person who is frustrated with his own life and has bacically nothing to say or share but likes to stand in the shadow and shout it to the world. As if anybody cares.

I thought the guitar sound was real nice and would like to hear more from you and your keyboard.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 04-03-2005).]

#142625 - 04/03/05 06:02 AM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Phil,
I enjoyed listening to the "Piece of MUSIC" you posted. Whether you spent 2, 3, 5, minutes or 5 hours on it matters not to me. There are many many nuances to music and I appreciate each and every one of them. I can also appreciate your joy in your instrument and can forsee a long symbiotic relationship for you and your Fantom.
I also appreciate your courage and generosity in posting such a remarkable piece of music. May I suggest a title?
Though is has been used many times for different pieces, I think a very fitting name could simply be "Variations on a Theme"
Thanks for sharing.
Which reminds me, I should try and share something one of these days also.
ahhhhh, perhaps "Remembering" could be a fitting title.
Also, I think even if you do it as nothing more than an exercise, I hope you expound on what you have created.

------------------
The old Newb

[This message has been edited by OldNewb (edited 04-03-2005).]

#142626 - 04/03/05 06:22 AM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
Nice guitar sounds. I would like to hear more voices from you and your Fantom. Don't let anyone stop you from playing.
Smokey

#142627 - 04/03/05 07:59 AM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Phil,

Keep at it and don't let the one turkey get you down.

Keep in mind that rude, nasty, non-construtive comment came from a person who joined the forum in 2002, and during the three years he has been a member of the forum, he has contributed absolutely nothing noteworthy. With 8 total posts in three years, he could hardly be listed as an active participant, let alone a resident expert. Additionally, when challenged to submit some reference to his musical tallents for others to comment on, he merely posted another holier than thou comment and sulked back to the rock from whence he crawled from beneath.

Keep em' comin' kid!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#142628 - 04/03/05 08:17 AM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ohrenarzt:
In brief: uninspired guitar fumbling without any concept, strings and guitar full of wrong notes, non-existing articulation.
The world is polluted with the results of such low ability. Just because you can make it available to the public does not mean you should do it. Practice in the privacy of your home first.
This posting has been brought to you by the
Better Music In This World Initiative

I read......

I answer....
In brief: Uninspired mind ramblings without any concept of talent to social behavior, or the ability to relate to others, musical knowledge non-existant.

The world is polluted with the results of low ability. Just because you can make demeaning remark in public dosn't mean you should do it. Practice in the privacy of your home useing words like this on your loveone's first.

This posting has been brought to you by your elders, so listen up son......

Phil: That is a good sounding guitar...Pose

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 04-03-2005).]

#142629 - 04/04/05 07:59 AM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Phil is one of my favorite young people. I'm trusting him to do a website for me and admire his enthusiasm and dedication.

You have to remember, he's 15 YEARS OLD!That's youngr than some of our kids and grandkids. What a shame to be anything less than supportive.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO GROW UP, and it "ain't" Phil!

Russ

(Hey, Phil...it rained AGAIN on Saturday, and was cold yesterday. We're trying for photos today. Sorry it's taking so long, but we'll get them to you ASAP)

Hang in there!

Russ

#142630 - 04/04/05 08:53 AM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Hey, Ohrenarzt!!!
Maybe you need an Augenarzt for better reading? Phil made a little demonstration of the synth's sound abilities not a song for winning any prices.
You're totally out of line!

@Phil
I'm still awaiting more from you and I didn't forget that you wanted more from me too but it will last a little while until the tech problems in studio are cleared...

Keep on rocking - never stopping!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 04-04-2005).]

#142631 - 04/04/05 02:57 PM Re: First "Song" on the Fantom
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Phil....
I enjoyed the demonstration..and the alternating strums were, as you say, awesome.

As far as the negative and rude comment you got, that kind of senseless posting is similar to the occassional rude person I run into at gigs. Tune 'em out.

Eddie

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online